Under age rider policy
In an effort to minimize risk during Bike MS events, the following guidelines apply for all Bike MS participants:
- The National MS Society will contact parent/legal guardians of all riders under 18 prior to the event.
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age by the Bike MS event date, and accompanied by an adult at least 21 years of age or older. Participants must have a waiver and release form on file with a parent or legal guardian’s signature. The release acknowledges the Society’s policy on minors and accepts full responsibility for the welfare of their child.
- All underage riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult at all times. The adult must be at least 21 years of age and be registered for the event. The adult-to-child ratio for 12 to 17-year-olds must be at least 1:3.
- If a child is on a tandem, all above requirements apply.
- No trailers or carriers will be permitted on the route due to their low profile and diminished visibility by vehicles. This national policy is intended to reduce the potential risk to occupants of trailers, creating a safe environment for all participants.
- All riders under the age of 18 must complete a review of the safety brochure and youth rider flier with a parent or legal guardian.
- All riders under the age of 18 must also turn in a notarized waiver for each event. To avoid long lines at check-in, contact the Fundraising Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-372-1331 and a waiver will be sent to you prior to the event. Once completed and notarized, please send to National MS Society, Attn: Bike MS, 200 12th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415.